[K-Plus rookie model, Nam Joo Hyuk, 20]
• 94-liner, 187cm tall.
• He had his debut in 2014 S/S Season Seoul Collection.
• During his 3rd year in middle school, he saw the pictorials of models in magazines and he thought it was cool. That’s why he challenged himself.
• He was short during elementary school so he started to play basketball in 6th grade and grew 30cm. He reached 180cm in 3rd grade of middle school.
• His hometown is in Busan but later moved to Suwon.
• He went to an all-boys school. He said it’s not that bad since he can just focus on playing basketball instead of having girls surrounding him. (or something along that line. HAHAHA!)
• He started basketball since elementary school and got injured a lot of times until he was in 3rd year of middle school. He has good basketball skills and receive a scout offer from the basketball team of his school but unfortunately, he had to stop doing sports.
• He dislikes studying. He said that it’s not his thing. (He is being too honest in the interview. LOL)
• Playing basketball is still his hobby although he stops being a player.
• His parents didn’t allow him to attend a model academy although he already auditioned beforehand without them knowing in 2nd year of high school.
• He belongs to a basketball team in Suwon called ‘수원 비상’ and he’s the guard.
• He doesn’t go to college because he thinks he doesn’t need to.
• A lot of people said he looks similar to actor Lee Hyun Woo. Some said he looks like the guy called ‘Bingray’ from Reply 1994, Baro of B1A4, Lee Jung Shin of CNBLUE and actor Yoo Ah In.
• He doesn’t want to start acting for now.
• He wants to be seen as a man. Most people think he looks cute but he said he prefers to be called manly.
[Nam Joo Hyuk’s Life Style]
• He usually hangs out with his neighbourhood friends. If it’s troublesome to go out, then he stays mostly at home alone.
• He sometimes go shopping but if he is bored, he’ll end up playing basketball.
• He likes listening to music other than playing basketball.
• The musician he likes is Busker Busker.
• He doesn’t sing well but that doesn’t mean he can’t sing. (Hahaha Joohyuk is so cute!!!)
• Nowadays, he reads books about dreams and future.
• He is an only child.
• At first, his mom was really against his decision to be a model because she was worried that the pay wouldn’t be good since it depends on success. But later on, since he is too tall, he just went and became a model. (HAHAHAHA BADASS JOOHYUK IS SO BADASS)
• His mother is proud whenever their relatives praise Joohyuk.
• Whenever Joohyuk comes home, he always asks for food from his mom and they end up fighting. (not in a bad way, of course)
• He is the type of son who doesn’t listen to his parents well.
• He rarely has time to reply to fans’ messages on facebook.
• He’s close to Lee Chul Woo, Joo Woo Jae, Haksu and the hyungs from the same company.
• He prefers casual clothings although he is a model who is supposed to be aware of the latest fashion. He doesn’t have any favourite brand. He said he’ll buy anything pretty.
• His ideal type of girl is someone kind-hearted. He said it’s difficult to explain. He likes a girl whose first impression is really good, in terms of a pretty face and nice words. He doesn’t have a girlfriend right now, by the way. HAHAHAHAHHA
They talked about K-Plus and some program. He also mentioned Kim Won Joong, Jang Ki Yong, Park Hyung Seop and Ahn Jae Hyun during the interview. He said that he was so nervous during his debut stage and thought that he looked so unnatural. He added that he’ll practise his walking more and improve on his image. If there’s any basketball team for models, he said to call him. HAHAHAH! I’m not able to translate everything so, I’m sorry if this is so lacking.
Overall, Nam Joo Hyuk is a very adorable guy, isn’t he? How manly. Coughs. I was about to say cute….but anyhow! I’ll look forward to his stages/runways to come. We’ll keep supporting you, Nam Joo Hyuk! <3